Saturday, March 14, 2015

Products Worth the Investment | Artistry Signature Eyes Volume Mascara Review


This week's Products Worth the Investment review is on the Artistry Signature Eyes Volume Mascara which has been sent to me by the company to review.
Just to make it clear, this is my first time working with a company to review products for them, meaning I purchased all the products that I've previously reviewed/featured with my own money and even if this product has been sent to me to review, the following is my own honest opinions on the product.

Alright now that I made that clear, lets get on with the review!


This mascara retails for $26 at aogoods.com...before the price tag scares you away, I'd recommend you to stay and read on the see the results.

Here's a close up of the brush.
My curled lashes without any product.
My curled lashes with one coat on the top and bottom lashes.
My curled lashes with two coats on the top lashes and a light coat on the bottom lashes.


With the Artistry Signature Eyes Volume Mascara I feel like I could get the results of two or three layers of other mascaras with just one coat of this one. I definitely see a slight bit of length and tons of volume with one coat of this mascara and going for a second coat would just be unnecessary for day to day wear. At just one coat, I feel like my lashes are already big and volumized to my liking and by the second layer it starts to clump and feel heavy.

Pros:
-Effortlessly allows volume and length with just one coat
-Slightly waterproof, it can last through tears and the rain
-Holds a curl all day
-Doesn't flake throughout the day

Cons:
-Has a slight plastic-like smell
-A huge pain in the butt to remove
-Can give clumpy and spidery lashes


Over the three weeks of religiously using this mascara, I found that this would be a great mascara to use on those days you want super big voluminous lashes. I think you could definitely pull off a second or even a third coat as long as you comb you lashes in between layers. Even if I really like this mascara, I would probably not repurchase it because its just too much of a hassle to take off. Even if it gives me really good results, I debated with myself every morning on whether big lashes was worth the extra eight minutes of taking it off at night and for the price of $26, it slightly steers me away.



Have any mascara recommendations? Leave them below!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment