Sunday, March 15, 2015

Products Worth the Investment | Artistry Automatic Eyebrow Pencil Review


This week's Products Worth the Investment review is on the Artistry Automatic Eyebrow Pencil which has been sent to me by the company to review.
Just to make it clear, this is my first time working with a company to review products for them, meaning I purchased all the products that I've previously reviewed/featured with my own money and even if this product and the mascara on my previous post has been sent to me to review, the following is my own honest opinions on the product.

Alright now that I made that clear, lets get on with the review!

Close up of the product. I got the shade Soft Black.
This brow pencil comes in three neutral shades in Taupe, Brown, and Soft Black and retails for $13.55 for the actual refill (0.15g/0.005oz) and $15.05 for the refill holder (has a brow brush on the opposite end) at aogoods.com.

My bare brows.
My brows filled in with just the pencil and blended with a bare brow brush (no brow gel to set).
I tend to do a more natural brow look and I find that this pencil allows me to easily do so as it provides a beautiful soft-focused look on the brows.

Pros:
-Beginner/user friendly
-Looks very natural
-No sharpening needed

Cons:
-Doesn't provide any hold to the brows, requires an additional step of setting with a brow gel
-Lightly pigmented (could also be a pro because it gives a very natural look to the brows)
-Pricey...definitely a debate on whether its worth the investment or not


Over the three weeks of testing this brow pencil, I found that this works best for giving natural looking fuller brows. With this brow pencil, you really can't go wrong, its very user friendly and quick to apply. The only downside is that you have to buy the refill and the refill holder separately which are both pretty pricey alone and will total to $28.30! Overall, I think the Artistry Automatic Brow Pencil is not worth the investment. There are tons of other brow products out in the market that are far more affordable and will give better, if not equal, results.


Any brow product recommendation? Leave them in the comments below!


-Mary

2 comments:

  1. Yet another great post! Always enjoy reading your posts so much. Keep up the good work love.

    I tagged you for the One Lovely Blog Award

    dramabeautypop.wordpress.com/2015/04/01/one-lovely-blog-award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dian!
      Unfortunately, this past few weeks I've been so so busy so I haven't been able to catch up on my blog.
      I'm trying my best to get back to it. And I definitely will get my responses up!
      Thank you so so much!!

      Delete