Friday, February 20, 2015

Products worth the Investment | e.l.f. HD Lifting Concealers | Review + Swatches

Hello there!

Today's Products Worth the Investment review is on these e.l.f. HD Lifting Concealers which are from their studio line.

These elf concealers have been raved about by so many so I wanted to test them out for myself. I've been using these for a couple months now just because I wanted to test how it could wear on my skin throughout the different seasons.


Swatches with the shade Light on the left and Fair on the right.
Blended out swatches. Light on the left and Fair on the right.

These concealers are definitely medium to full coverage, as you can see it completely covered my mole. Heehee. On my combination skin, I find that these concealers definitely need to be set with a powder right after blending them in, otherwise they will set into your fine lines.

PROS: Long wearing.A little goes a long way. Very blendable. Medium to full coverage - covers up most imperfections from hyperpigmentation, to sun spots, to redness, to darkness under the eye..
CONS: When builded up, it can feel heavy and look cakey throughout the day. Unnatural/non-skin-like finish. Hard to find a good shade match.

Over all, I really like these concealers, they have such great coverage and staying power for being only $3, still I wouldn't repurchase them. Because of how hard it is to find a perfect shade match, I had to pick two shades (which neither ended up even matching). The light shade is way to warm and orangey to use as a concealer (and no, its not a peachy toned concealer), while the fair shade is too cool and pinky toned on my warm complexion.
So are these elf HD Lifting Concealers worth the investment? Hmmm...I don't think so. I definitely think you can skip on these and save your $3 for another great, affordable concealer for an additional couple bucks.


Stay tuned for more reviews!

-Mary

2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for new concealers, especially with a good coverage. But if there is a bad shade match then you're right it isn't worth it- you can end up looking worse with th concealer than without it if its the wrong shade!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Everything is so much better when you have the perfect matching shade!

      Delete