Saturday, June 20, 2015

Bold and Bright Eye Make Up Tutorial

Hello there!

I'm starting this weekend with this bold and bright eye make up tutorial as we transition from spring to summer. The star of this eye look is the SugarPill Eyeshadow Palette in Burning Heart, but as always, you don't have to use the same products I'm using. Use whatever works best for you!
I hope you love it!


Here's the finish look.



I started by priming my lids and setting it with Brulee by Wet n Wild.


With a flat shader brush, I took a matte white shadow and put this all over my inner half of the lids, my inner corners and my browbones. 

For the following steps, I'm using a PostIt to help create a sharper edge and to help catch any eyeshadow fallout. I took a crease brush and a black shadow and very slowly built it on my outer V and crease.

Here comes the color! Using the same brush, I took SugarPill's Poison Plum and gradually blended this right over the black eyeshadow. The black helps to create dept, so add more or less if you wish. Blend the purple towards the inner part of your brow right over the inner corners of your eyes.


I'm then using a duo fiber blending brush and taking Sugarpill's Love+ very lightly over Poison Plum to bring out its red tones.
After this step you can take off the PostIt.

Then with a flat shader brush, I took Sugarpill's Buttercupcake  and patted this all over the inner corners, inner half of the lower lash line and slightly through the inner lid.
I then took the same black shade and lined my outer lower lash liner and buffed it out with Poison Plum.

Finally, I lined my eyes with a gel liner, applied a generous coat of mascara and falsies.
(Please excuse the difference in the lighting)

Again, this isn't a full cruelty free face, but I'm just trying to use up these products.
To create this look, I used the Smashbox Photo Finish Face Primer, Loreal True Match Concealer in W4-5, elf HD Lifting Concealer in Fair, Loreal True Match Foundation in W4, Rimmel Stay Matte Setting Powder in Translucent, Jordana Forever Flawless Pressed Powder in Golden Beige, elf Contour Palette, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Savored (not pictured), elf eye primer in sheer, Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Single in Brulee, Lorac Pro Palette, SugarPill Burning Heart Palette, Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, Sephora 12 Hr Jumbo LIner in Purple, Maybelline Brow Drama in Deep Brown, elf Ceam eyeshadow in Black, Nyx lipliner in Hot red, Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Oh My Goth, and LA Colors Lipstick in Luscious Wine.





Thanks so much for reading!
I hope you loved this look as much as I do! Its my first time really experimenting with color and its sooo much fun and mood lifting! This SugarPill eyeshadows are a great starter, but if you just want an occasional pop of color, I recommend checking out Coastal Scents, MakeupGeek and Morphe shadows. They're definitely more budget friendly if you just want to play around!



Stay tuned for another tutorial on Monday!


-Mary

2 comments: