Friday, August 22, 2014

Makeup tip #2: How to Make Your Blush Last Longer

Hello there!!

Today, I have another Makeup Tip to share with you! 
In case you missed it, my first one was on How to Make Your Lipstick Last Longer.

Just like lipstick, if you choose the right shade of blush, it can help even out the appearance of your skin, making it appear brighter, clearer, healthier, and over all looking flawless. The right shade of blush can even enhance the color of your eyes and hair. But how do you make that perfect blush shade last all day without it fading and without you having to reapply it between hours of wear? In this post, I will share with you some tips and tricks I like to do to make my blush last all day.


Before applying any face primers or makeup, always prep your face with a moisturizer, this will not only prevent your skin from drying out, but it will also act as a base to help your makeup have something to hold on to.

Typically (when doing a full face of makeup), after my foundation, I would put on my bronzer, my blush, and then my highlight. So after I have my bronzer on, I would pick any blush shade of my choice and any brush of my choice...recently I have been loving the e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush to apply my blush! I find that it gives such a natural looking finish and it is sooo soft! 

If I was using a powder blush, I would just dab, not swirl or swipe, my brush on the surface of the blush, making sure I have just enough product on the tip of my brush (usually it takes about three dabs), then very gently, I would blend that blush on my cheeks in circular motions. Not even going back for more, I would blend and blend that little amount of blush on my cheeks until it seems to fade out to almost nothing. When it seems like the blush is 'gone', that's when it has been fully blended into your skin, here's when I would go in and dab for a little more product, then I would just blend and blend...and go in for a little more...and blend and blend...I do this until I get my desired amount of pigment on my cheeks. 

I find that doing this technique not only makes my blush look very natural, but it also makes my blush last on for hours! This has worked for me while using both highend and lowend blushes and it has worked for me with all types of finishes too. 



Another option of how to make your blush last longer is to use a cream blush underneath your powder blush. Doing this not only sets your cream blush in place, but it will also give the powder blush something to hold on to...so your cream and powder blushes work together like a team!

Another way to make your blush last longer is to use a setting spray after your makeup. You could either lightly mist your face (recommended especially if you have oilier skin) or you could heavily 'drench' your face...of course don't literally drench your face, but I personally like spraying a lot of setting spray on my face after all my makeup is on and quickly fan it down so my hard work won't smear off. I find that doing so really makes my makeup look so natural and skin-like and it gets rid of all the dry powdery looking finish (since I use all powder products). After you've misted (or drenched) your face, you could lightly set your face with a setting powder to eliminate the dewy finish of the spray and then reapply a very light layer of blush once again.



I hope you found this helpful!

Thanks for reading!!


-Mary

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a blush person. I'm still searching for the perfect shade. Lovely review. (:

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment!
      I've just recently got into blush so I'm still trying to find my perfect shade as well, but for the past few months, I've been really loving the e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion, it looks very daring and "highlighter pink" on the pan, but once applied and very well blended out, it looks so natural and beautiful on the skin! I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it yet! :)

      Delete