Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Makeup Tutorial

Hello hello there!

Today I have a sugar skull makeup tutorial for you!
Enjoy!!


Here is the finished look.
For my eyes, I started by highlighting my inner corners with a shimmery white eyeshadow (Snow from the Lorac PRO 2).
I then drew on a bold wing eyeliner with the e.l.f. Black Cream eyeliner.
With a small precision brush, I took the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White and drew a line where I wanted my skull to start.
With the e.l.f. Small Stippling Brush, I stippled the NYX White Eyeshadow Base evenly over the area I want to be covered with white. I then set the Eyeshadow Base with a translucent powder or Baby Powder.
Instead of the Eyeshadow base, you could definitely use a white face paint, I just couldn't use my white face paint because I'm allergic to it! :(
I then added purple eyeshadow to the areas I wanted to (a flower on my chin, contoured my cheekbones, and around my hairline). Instead of purple you could definitely switch it up with another color or be creative and use different colors with different finishes.
Finally, with the black eyeliner, I outlined the purple flower, my contoured cheeks, filled in my nose and added dots where I found it most appropriate. Here is where you could get as creative as you'd like.
Products used to create this look:  L'oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation in 'Natural Beige W4-5/464', e.l.f. Cream eyeliner in 'Black', L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in 'Blackest Black', NYX White Eyeshadow Base, DIY purple eyeshadow pigment, and the LORAC PRO 2 Palette (forgot to include in the picture).

I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial/walk through! 
Stay tuned for more!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment