Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to School Series: Whats in My School Makeup Bag

Hello hello!

Today I will be sharing with you whats in my school makeup bag. I actually don't bring any makeup to school, but if I did, and I know some of you do, then these are the products I would definitely bring!

I divided this into three main categories: essentials, optional, and glamour...so if you're one who wears little to no makeup or if you're one who enjoys a full face of makeup, you'll definitely find something here for you!
In each category, you'll notice that I skipped concealer, foundation, and bronzer...this is because I tailored this to fit me, I don't usually wear those products on a daily basis, so I skipped them. Feel free to add them in any or all the categories! And to keep this more "student budget friendly", I kept all the products in this bag all drugstore/low-end products. The products mentioned are some of my all time favorites from the drugstore.

So what's in my makeup bag? 


Here are all the products that could go into my school makeup bag this year. Of course if you were packing the same products featured here, you could break them down the way I'll show you in a bit...I'm breaking them down because personally, I wouldn't be bringing all these products all at together. 

Here are my makeup essentials that I will most likely bring everyday no matter what season.
I think this set is perfect if you're new to makeup, if you have been using makeup for years, if you're in middle school or high school or even college. This set contains all my makeup essentials that will bring some color to your face and keep you looking more awake in the mornings.
Sunscreen is so important for your skin and your face, if you refuse to use sunscreen, then at least try to use products with some spf in it. A lipbalm is a necessity as well so even if you don't have color in your lips, at least you don't have chapped lips. I also like using tinted lipbalms (or lipstains like I have here) because it adds some color to your face without needing too much precision and without taking too much time from your mornings to apply. I sometimes like to use tinted lipbalms as cream blush, just make sure you blend it very well and quickly. I also like using mascara because it makes you look slightly more awake in the mornings. And lastly, a mirrored compact is very important in case you need to make touch ups or fix your hair, or check out someone behind you ;)
It might also be nice to add a blush into this set just to bring more color to your face.

Here are some optional products and tools that could be someone else's essentials.
In this set are also some basic essentials that could make you look more awake and groomed. The nude eyeliner on your waterline could make your eyes look wider and give you a more awake/alert look. Using an eyelash curler before applying mascara could help you achieve that more awake and alert look as well. Lastly, the clear brow gel could fix any wonky eyebrow that could have resulted from sleeping on one side for too long...I'm sure that has happened to all of us at least once!

Here's my glamour set, where there are again, some products that could be in someone else's essential set. Here, you could add a foundation or bb (or cc or dd) cream if you'd like, but I'm not a foundation kind of girl so I tend to stay away from those kind of products on a daily basis.
A blush is just to add more color to your face, I really like this e.l.f. studio blush in Pink Passion for that because it looks so natural when you apply it very lightly. This Rimmel Scandaleyes is a waterproof (not at all in my opinion) Black felt tip eyeliner so its very convenient for anyone. The Maybelline The Nudes eyeshadow palette is just another glamour item if your the type of girl who can't go without any eyeshadow, I love this palette because its very inexpensive for being an eyeshadow palette and the shadows here are gorgeous! The e.l.f. eyelid primer will just help those eyeshadows form The Nudes palette to last on longer and make the colors more vibrant. Since its a nude primer, the e.l.f. eyelid primer will also cancel out any uneven tones on your lids.



What's going into your school makeup bag this year?
Let me know in the comment section below :)

-Mary


For tips on how to make your lipstick last longer, click here!
For tips on how to make your blush last longer, click here!
Click here for a full review and swatches of the Maybelline the Nudes Palette!
Click here for a tutorial using only the Maybelline the Nudes Palette! 

No comments:

Post a Comment