Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Neutral Vampy Makeup

Hello there!

Here's a quick tutorial on this dark, neutral, vampy look. Hope you like it!



I started by taking this pinky nude shade from the top row of the Maybelline the Nudes palette and placed this all over my primed lids. You could definitely use a matte cream shade but I found this light pink to have a little sheen which adds a twist to the following matte shadows. 

With the shade Taupe from the Lorac PRO 1 palette, I lightly defined my crease while blending softly upward towards the brow bone, this will serve as our transition shade. 

Mixing Sable and Espresso, I further defined my crease softly, focusing mainly on the outer C. 
With a precision/pencil brush, I took a black eye shadow and further defined the crease to further smoke out the look. I also blended this black shadow on the lower lash line, connecting the top shadows with the bottom shadow. 

Using a matte light pink shadow, I brightened the inner thirds of the lid and inner corner. You can switch this shadow with a shimmery/glittery shadow of your choice to brighten your eyes and give the look a wide-eyed look. 
I finished the eyes by lining them with gel eyeliner and adding false lashes and mascara. 

The rest of the products used to create this look: 
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, L'oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation, elf eyelid primer, Maybelline the Nudes palette, Maybelline BrowDrama in deep brown, Lorac PRO 1, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Benefit They're Real Mascara, KVD Foiled Love Lipstick in 'Oh My Goth', NYX Lip Liner in 'Currant', elf Black Cream Eyeliner, elf Baked Blush in Jet Setter, elf Pressed Bronzer in eaches, elf Baked blush in Pinktastic.  


I'm trying more and more to get out of my comfort zone and experiment with incorporating some color in my looks. Here I tried using the light pink shade in the inner corners, but at the end, it really don't make much of a difference! 
I hope you enjoyed this look anyway! If you decide to recreate any of my looks, don't forget to share!! :)

-Mary

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This makeup looks gorgeous on you (: Great post! Love your blog!

    http://withlovefromnicole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed this look!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look ! You're so pretty & you remind me of itsjudytime haha :) xo

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Me reminding you of Judy is so flattering. She's a beauty! Thank you!

      Delete