Friday, August 15, 2014

Maybelline The Nudes Palette | Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

Hello hello!

Today, I will be sharing something a little different...
I'll be doing a makeup tutorial on this black and gold smokey eye for you guys using only the new Maybelline The Nudes eyeshadow palette. And yes, I know...a smokey eye using The Nudes palette and not The Smokes palette...

Also keep in mind, I'm still experimenting with the lighting and I'm still learning to work with this camera so my tutorials aren't 'top quality' and are not the best...but I'm trying.

Here's the final eyeshadow look using only the Maybelline The Nudes Palette

With my lids already primed with the e.l.f. eyelid primer, I applied these two shades on my crease, with the lighter shade blending more upwards towards the browbone and the darker brown shade focusing more on the outer V and crease while still slightly blending upwards into the lighter shade. For this, I used the Real Techniques duo-fiber eyebrush and base shadow brush.

Using the RT base shadow brush, I gently blended this black eyeshadow right over the darker brown shade from the previous step, this gives the black shade a less harsh look when being blended and smoked out into the lighter shades.

Using the RT accent brush, I took an e.l.f. Smudge Pot in 'Gotta Glow' and placed it on the moving part of the lid, focusing on the inner half of the lid and lightly blending it outward, I also blended this on the inner corner and the inner third of the lower lash line to match the top.
With a slightly larger brush that has the same shape as the RT accent brush (an unbranded brush), I set that e.l.f. Smudge Pot with the light gold shade from the palette. Using the e.l.f. Smudge Pot underneath makes the gold eyeshadow more vibrant. 


Using the same unbranded brush we used with the gold eyeshadow in the previous step, I mixed these two dark brown and bronze eyeshadows to blend out and reduce the harshness of the light gold eyeshadow.
I then used both the the RT duo-fiber eye brush and the base shadow brush and blended more of the black eyeshadow into the crease, blending into the dark brown and bronze eyeshadows  from the previous step and with the rest of the black eyeshadow we placed earlier.
Make sure you have the same exact order of eyeshadows for the bottom lash line...have the light gold in the inner corner and lash line, the dark brown and bronze in the middle, and the black in the outer corner, connecting with the top eyeshadows.
Finally, I lined my eyes with the e.l.f. Black Cream Eyeliner and slightly winged it out.
From here you could curl you eyelashes and add a good lengthening and volumizing mascara and you'd be done with this look.
This is optional, but to add more drama to this smokey eye, I added a pair of false lashes from eBay and went over the glue with this Love & Beauty Black Liquid eyeliner.
For the rest of the look, I used the e.l.f. Mineral face Primer, L'oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation in 'Natural Beige W4-5/464', Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder in 'Dark' (for bronzer), Smashbox 'Hint of Bronze' Blush (for bronzer), Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Flush', e.l.f. Studio Blush in 'Pink Passion', Milani Bella Gel Powder Eyeshadow in '28-Bella Chiffon' (for an all over highlighter), e.l.f. Eyelid Primer in 'Nude', false lashes from eBay,  eos lipblam, and a Revlon lipstick in 'Black Cherry'.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

Thanks for reading!

-Mary

2 comments:

  1. This look is so pretty! I'm so hapless with eye makeup! So I'm definitely going to give this a go! :D
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment!
      Definitely post it on IG, I'd love to see what you come up with! :D

      Delete