Sunday, April 26, 2015

Ocean View Smokey Eye | Prom Makeup Tutorial

Hello hello!

For the second look for this prom makeup series, I decided to do a dark blue smokey eye which is the total opposite of the neutral look I did last weekend. This look is more suitable for the daring gals out there who can pull off a dark smokey eye without a problem.

Lets get right into it!







I'm started by taking a matte white shadow on a fluffy blending brush and buffing this all over my already primed lids.


Using the same brush, I took a taupe transition shade and roughly (but gently) defined my crease, blending
upwards towards the browbone.


Using the same brush, I took a medium toned brown shadow and further defined my crease, focusing on the inner and outer corners and lightly connecting them at the top.


With a creamy black eyeliner, I lightly sketched out a couple small strokes on the lid right over the medium toned brown shadow, then I smudged it out with my ring finger. This will serve as a base for the following eye shadows to enhance their colors and longevity.


With a fat shader brush, I took a matte black shade and used this to set the black eyeliner.


With a small flat shader brush, I took the same matte white shadow used in the beginning and patted this on the center of the mobile lid. 


With the same brush, I packed on a navy blue shade right over the white shadow.


with a small detail brush, I took this black eye shadow packed with blue glitter and lightly patted this over the navy shadow. 

I then took a small synthetic bristle brush and lined my lower lash line with this light blue green glitter.
(I forgot to take a picture of the eye look after the glitter).





To complete this look, I used the Smashbox Photo Finish Face Primer, L'Oreal True Match Concealer in W4-5, elf HD Lifting Concealers in Fair and Light, Rimmel Stay Matte Setting Powder in Transparent, Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder in Dark, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, It Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating Powder, the Balm Instain Blush in Toile, elf Mist and Set Spray, elf Sheer Eye Primer, Lorac PRO Palettes 1 and 2, Sephora Smokey Palette, Make Up Forever Loose Glitter (sorry I don't know its name), elf Black Cream eyeliner, Sephora Noir Pencil Eye Liner, NYC Pearlized Black Liquid Eye Liner, elf Clear Lash and Brow Gel, elf Lengthening Mascara, and Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Honey.


I hope you liked this look and hopefully find some inspiration from it!

Stay tuned for more bold prom looks in this series!

-Mary

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I wish I could do prom again! Your so talented and gorgeous!
    Jeni X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And I'm actually not going to prom but I love creating prom looks!

      Delete