Saturday, September 6, 2014

Favorites of the Moment: Makeup + Mini Reviews

Hello there!

Today I have a Favorites of the Moment to share with you, here I'll be sharing with you some of the products I've been really enjoying recently plus I'll do a mini review on each product. Enjoy!

Through out summer, I've been branching out and trying new products and new brands mainly from the drugstore. From palettes...to brushes...to glosses...I've tried a couple, and some I didn't like so they aren't included here. But for the most part, I've been really enjoying these products. Let me know if you want me to do individual full reviews on a specific product :)



To start of, the new Maybelline the Nudes eyeshadow palette is one of my greatest finds of August! This is one of the best full neutral eyeshadow palettes from the drugstore and is in my opinion a good drugstore replacement (not at all saying its a dupe!) of the Urban Decay Naked Palette or the Lorac Pro Palette...somewhere along those lines. This is a great and affordable drugstore neutral palette especially when used with the right primers! I recently did a full review on the Maybelline the Nudes palette if you're interested.

Speaking of eyeshadow bases/primers, one of the best eye primers I've been loving to use with the Maybelline the Nudes palette or even as a stand-alone product are the e.l.f. Smudge Pots I find that the shades Gotta Glow, Back to Basics, Cruisin Chic, and Brownie Points are shades that really go well with the Maybelline the Nudes palette and the other shades like Poppin Party, Ocean Bound, and Hit the Town are the shades that could be used to achieve similar looks that the Urban Decay Naked Palette or the Lorac Pro Palette could give. These smudge pots have a decent color range and are very creamy allowing you to have some working time with them once they're on the lids.

To single eyeshadows, the new Milani Bella Gel Powder Eyeshadows are another one of my greatest finds of August! I've been especially loving the shade 28-Bella Chiffon as an all over highlighter and use it everyday since I purchased it...that says a lot because I'm not one who enjoys highlighting much! This product is available in 30 shades and various finishes that range from matte, to shimmer, to metallic, to even iridescent! They have such great pigmentation and last all day! I also did a full review on the Milani Bella Gel powder eyeshadows if you're interested!


Speaking on highlighting, the limited edition Smashbox Hint of Bronze Blush has been my go to summer bronzer. Yes, this is a shimmery blush/bronzer and is no longer being sold at the Smashbox website, but you can still find it at Amazon or eBay (where I purchased mine). This blush/bronzer is very versatile and depending on your skin color, it can be used as an eyeshadow, a natural looking highlighter, blush, or bronzer! I will soon do a review on this product as well!

Moving on to lip products, the NYX Butter Glosses are amazing!! I know, I'm so late on this, but I've just been so hesitant to try on lipglosses because like everyone else, I hate the sticky feeling lipglosses have! These ones however, are buttery smooth, have great color selection, great pigmentation (not to mention, are true to color), are non-shimmery/glittery, and smell like vanilla! I will definitely be picking up more of these!

Another lip gloss I've been quite enjoying is the Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Coral Crush (I've been really into that orange/coral lip this summer). This lipgloss is very light weight and is true to color so what you see on the tube is what you'll have on your lips. The formula is quite smooth and buttery (but not as buttery) as the NYX Butter Glosses, it is not sticky, tacky or gluelike on the lips.  


Drifting toward lip balm type of products, I've been really loving the Jordana Twist & Shine balm stain in Honey Love. This is definitely one of those 'my lips but better' types of products, plus it's very light weight and moisturizing! This is definitely a more affordable alternative to the Rimmel Balm Stains or those other chubby lippies from both high and low end brands. 

Lastly for the lips, I've actually been really enjoying these eos lip balms! At first I was really disappointed by these since they have a dry formula, but now I've actually been using them to provide a light layer of moisture underneath my lip gloss or lipstick, I find that using dryer formula lipbalms instead of the creamier lipbalms will prevent any lip product from slipping and sliding on your lips. 

Finally, my last favorite as for now is the e.l.f. Kabuki Face Brush! At first I was really disappointed by this brush because it shredded a lot on me whille I was using it and washing it. But after about 3-4 washes, it stopped shedding on me. I find that depending on the angle tou hold it, this brush could be quite multipurpose..I use it for my mineral powder foundation, blush, bronzer, and highlighter.



With all the new limited edition fall/autumn makeup sets, I'm excited to see what the following months bring! :)

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment