Friday, September 19, 2014

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Precision Micro Eyeliner | Review + Swatches

Hello hello!

Todays review is on the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Precision Micro Eyeliner.
I picked this up just a couple weeks ago and have been testing it out for quite some time now.


Here's a close up of the fine, felt tip applicator.

Here are some swatches of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Precision Micro Eyeliner, as you can see, the felt-tip applicator allows you to draw really fine or thick lines.
The only down side, which is a major issue to me, is that it is not as opaque as I would like it to be or as it claims to be. With a single stroke, you can definitely see through the line. This could be because I got an older stock, but either way, I'm not too impressed by it.


Price Comparison: 
  • Walgreen $5.99
  • Walmart: $5.49
Size:
Size/Count  0.04 fl oz

Claims:
  • Ultra fine applicator draws super precise lines
  • Intense color lasts up to 24 hours X
  • Waterproof and smudge-proof X
  • Uniquely slanted 2-in-1 felt tip
  • Intensely pigmented formula X
  • Long lasting ultra-black color X
X - Indicates that its a false claim, I disagree with this claim


While attempting to line my eyes with my typical wing eyeliner look, I felt like this eyeliner dried out on me! The final look wasn't at all 'intensely pigmented' black like it claimed, it was more like a translucent and streaky charcoal shade like in the pictured swatches. While testing its resistance to water, I was even more disappointed. With a single wash of just water, a majority of the eyeliner immediately rubbed off.
Overall, I'm not at all impressed with this eyeliner. I think this is a product you could definitely pass without feeling like you're missing out on anything. I've definitely had better experiences with other drugstore eyeliners that were even more affordable than this one and that actually sticks to their claims!

I hope you found review this helpful!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment