Friday, October 17, 2014

Products Worth the Investment: Smashbox Hint of Bronze Limited Edition Set | Review + Swatches

Hello there!

Looking for a product that gives your skin a perfect sun kissed, bronzy glow all year round?
Well I may have just found that perfect product for you!





The Smashbox Hint Of Bronze Set has an accumulative retail value of $87 (if you bought each of the products individually), but the set retails for $40 on the Smashbox website.
On eBay you could find yours from a trusted seller from $20-40.

Now for those of you who are wondering why I'm still mentioning this product when its limited edition and its out of stock...well, I just recently bought mine on eBay, where there are a lot of top rated sellers that still sell this product, and ever since I bought this, I just fell in love with all the four products this set has. I highly highly recommend it even to those who aren't fond of bronzing their skin.


Kit Includes all these full-size items:
  • Full Exposure Mascara (my all time favorite mascara)
  • Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss in Hint of Bronze
  • Blush in Hint of Bronze
  • Be Legendary Lipstick in Honey (my favorite nude/summer/spring lipstick)

From left to right: Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss in Hint of Bronze, Be Legendary Lipstick in Honey, Blush in Hint of Bronze, and the Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black.


The Full Exposure Mascara is my favorite mascaras of all time! (I will soon do a review on it, so stay tuned!). I swear by this mascara, it gives a lot of length and volume without clumping or weighing down my lashes. With this mascara, I find that I'm good to go with just one or two coats without my lashes being clumpy or spidery at all! I love love love this mascara!

The Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss in Hint of Bronze is a great product as well! I am not a lipgloss type of girl so I rarely find myself reaching out for this product, but when I do, I end up loving i!. This lipgloss has a sweet marshmallow scent to it, its texture is rich and thick but not overly sticky to where I feel like my lips have glue on them. It also complements the lipstick very well and it definitely goes along with that shimmery honey glow.

The Blush in Hint of Bronze is again, one of my favorite bronzers, I used to use a Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder in the shade dark for a matte bronzer, but I find that this is almost the same color as the pressed powder so I think they bother work amazing for bronzing (I will have a full review on this bronzer up soon too, so stay tuned!). I would say though that I think this would better sooth someone with fairer skin. I have a light to medium skin tone, and when I use this for bronzing, I find that I really have to layer it and get a lot of product on my brush. If you have darker or deeper skin, I think this would work well as a perfect, natural highlighter for you.

The Be Legendary Lipstick in Honey is again, one of my favorite lipsticks in my whole collection. I know, I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but seriously, this lipstick is amazing on my light to medium skin tone especially during summer and spring. If your skin ranges from fair to medium, this will be a perfect summer or spring lipstick and if you have a darker skin tone, this is a perfect honey/bronzy nude lipstick. It is very buttery, creamy, and moisturizing on the lips as well.



Although this is a limited edition set from the Smashbox, it is still available in Amazon and eBay where I recently purchased mine for $28 + free shipping and handling!



If you  decide to pick this up, let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you!


For reference, in this picture I'm wearing the Hint of Bronze blush as a bronzer and the Be Legendary lipstick in Honey



-Mary

8 comments:

  1. I love your make-up. It suits you so well!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello girl! great makeup! you look so beautiful!! suddenly i can't find you among my followers on gfc..what happened?

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww love the makeup on you so pretty <3

    Anyway dear, i am inviting you to join my giveaway here
    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I will be sure to look into it! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much!!
    And I highly recommend Smashbox cosmetics, I really like their Be Legendary lipsticks, they are so buttery-soft and moisturizing! I also love their Photo Finish Face Primer and their Full Exposure Mascara! :)

    ReplyDelete