Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween Inspired | Crow Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Hello hello!

Today I have another Halloween inspired makeup tutorial for you!

As you might have noticed, I like doing slightly more wearable looks for Halloween instead of doing scary monster/creature makeup. I hope you're enjoying this series and I hope your taking inspiration from these!

I took inspiration from a crow to create this eye look. I think its the eyeliner and the falsies that really ties it all together, but just by changing the eyeliner, you could instantly transform this into an evil witch makeup.

Here's the finish look.


With my lids already primed, I started by taking the shade Buff from the Lorac Pro 2 palette with my Real Techniques Base Shadow brush and applied it all over my lids and up to the brow bones.


With the same brush, I then took the shade Taupe from the Lorac PRO palette and used it to slightly define my crease, blending upwards to meet the brosbone.


With a flat shader brush, I then picked up the shade Chrome from the Lorac PRO 2 palette and placed this on the moving part of my lid.

With the e.l.f. Blending brush, I picked up this Deep Purple shade form the Lorac PRO palette and blended it directly into the crease, working my way up and fading the Deep Purple into the Taupe shade from the previous steps.


With the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Eye Brush, I highlighted my inner corners and browbones with the shade Snow from the Lorac PRO 2 palette.

After adding the highlight, I realized I wanted my eyes to have a slight hint of blue, so I picked up a tiny amount of the Navy shade form the Lorac PRO 2 palette and blended it over the purple.
If I were to redo this whole procedure, I still wouldn't skip the Purple shade because it adds definition to the crease.

Finally, I finished my eyes by drawing a double wing eyeliner, curling my lashes, adding some mascara, and of course, top and bottom falsies!
Here are the rest of the products used to create this look.
L'oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation in 'Natural Beige W4-5/464',  Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder in 'Dark', Smashbox 'Hint of Bronze' Blush, e.l.f. Eyelid Primer in 'Nude', Lorac PRO Palette 1 and 2, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Flush', e.l.f. Cream eyeliner in 'Black'.


I hope you enjoyed this crow inspired makeup tutorial!

-Mary

2 comments: