Saturday, April 11, 2015

Neutral Glam Cut Crease | Prom Makeup Tutorial

Hello there!

Prom is around the corner!
So I'm starting a new series of prom makeup tutorials of looks I'd wear with certain dress colors. I'm a true lover of my neutrals, so I'm starting this series with a neutral look that could be toned up or down to match any dress.

Here's the completed look.

Here's a close up of the final eye makeup look.


With my lids already primed, I took a light cream shade and buffed this all over the lid and up to the brow bone.
Doing this not only sets the primer, but it also creates an even base for the following shadows to smoothly blend into.


With a flat shader brush, I took a taupe shadow and sculpted out a cut crease slightly above my natural crease to make the eyes look slightly larger (optional).

With a blending brush, I took this medium toned brown shade and blended out that harsh line I used I sculpt out my crease.


With a pencil brush, I took this espresso shade and further defined my crease.
Sorry for being way out of frame.

I then patted a white tacky eye shadow base all over my mobile lid and inner corner.




Then with a synthetic bristle brush, I set the mobile lid with a champagne glitter pigment and the inner corners with large transparent glitter (forgot to picture).
Using the same espresso shade previously used, I lined the bottom half of my lash line then blended this out to meet to meet the shadows on the outer corner.

I then lined 3/4 of my water line with a creamy black eyeliner, slightly blended this into the espresso shadow on the bottom lash line then lined the upper lash line with a black gel eyeliner.
Then finished the rest of the eye look with mascara and wispy falsies.




To complete the rest of the look I used: L'Oreal True Match Concealer in W4-5, elf HD Lifting Concealer in Fair, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent, Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder in Dark, Urban Decay Naked Basics 1, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty, It Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating Powder, elf Glitter Adhesive, elf Sheer Eye Primer, elf clear Brow Gel, Lorac PRO Palettes 1 and 2, NYX Eye Shadow Base in White, Makeup Forever Glitter Pigments (I don't know the sames sorry), elf Black Cream Eyeliner, L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Black Pencil Eyeliner, Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm, NYX Hot Red Lip Liner, Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Adora.

I hope you like this look as much as I do.
More prom makeup tutorials to come. Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment