Sunday, December 14, 2014

Products worth the Investment | Maybelline BrowDrama Sculpting BrowMascara

Hello hello!

Today's Products worth the Investment review is on the Maybelline BrowDrama sculpting brow mascara that was newly released on October 2014.




A close up of the brush.
I don't understand the point of having more bristles behind the ball part of the brush because no matter the angle of how you hold the brush against your brows, the bristles behind the ball part never touches your brows. Also, I feel like the ball part of the brush is too large to do precision work such as filling in the tail of your brows or filling in any gaps within your brows.
This brow mascara claims to provide the brows with shape, color, texture, and hold with just a few strokes and is available in three shades: Deep Brown, Soft Brown, and Blonde.
**Those with brown-black hair claim that the Deep Brown shade is a bit too red, but I have black-brown hair with light brown highlights and I find that the Deep Brown shade suits me very well and gives my brows a naturally fuller look.


This brow mascara is meant to be used with a pencil underneath, but since my brows are naturally fuller, I use just the brow mascara alone.
**TIP: Pick a shade darker than your natural hair to achieve fuller looking brows.

Overall, I like this Maybelline BrowDrama mascara for how well it holds my brows in place and how well it makes my brows look naturally fuller without the crunchiness! Although I like this brow mascara, I would not put this under the list of products that are worth the investment, mainly because of the brush, but its definitely worth trying out as your experience might be different from mine. I will not repurchase this as I am sure there are tons of better brow gels out there (with much better brushes). If your brows are sparse, I would recommend using a brow pencil underneath this as the actual product is very lightly pigmented.
Even if I dislike the brush, I really like the amount of product that comes off on the brush, there isn't much excess product to clean off of the brush allowing you to have full control of how much color you want to deposit on your brows...but this also means that "just a few strokes" does not do justice with giving the amount of pigment and hold I am looking for in a tinted brow gel.


I hope you found this review helpful!
Let me know what you think in the comments below! :)

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment