Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holiday Makeup Tutorial | Christmas Inspired Smokey Eye

Hello hello!

Today's makeup tutorial is on this Christmas inspired smokey eye. 

Here's the final look. 
 With a flat shader brush, I took the fourth green shadow from the top row of the LA Colors 16 colors 'Smokey' palette and patted it all over my pre-primed lids. 
TIP: Use the shadow wet to give the look a more metallic finish.  
TIP: If you know you're working with shadows with tons of fallout, do your eye makeup first then rub off any fallout from your face with a makeup remover wipe then work on your face makeup and brows.
Using the same flat shader brush, I took the brownish charcoal shade, the last shade from the top row, and placed this on and slightly above the crease. 
Using the Real Techniques Base Shadow brush, I took the black shade from the bottom row and used this to define the outer C and crease, blending upward and outward into to previous charcoal shade and towards the brow bone.
Using a flat shader brush, I took the magenta shade from the bottom row and used this to line one thirds of my bottom lash line and with the same brush, I took the black shadow and blended it onto the magenta shade while connecting the top shadows with the bottom shadows.

Using the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Eye Brush, I took Beige from the Lorac PRO 2 palette (you could also use the light cream shade next to the previous magenta shade) and highlighted my inner corner and brow bone. I finished off the eye look by lining my water line and tight line with black eyeliner and topping my lashes off with a good coat of mascara. 
Products used to complete this look:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, L'oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, elf Pressed Blush in Wanderlust, Maybelline The Nudes Palette (black shadow for the brows), Maybelline Brow Drama in Deep Black, elf Eyelid Primer in Nude, LA Colors 16 Color Eyeshadow Palette in 'Smokey', Lorac PRO 2 Palette, Sephora 12Hour Jumbo Liner in Black, Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, and Kat Von D Foiled love lipstick in Valentine.


Thanks for reading!


Happy Holidays!!~


-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment