Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Products Worth the Investment | e.l.f. Lip Balm Tints| Review + Swatches

Hello hello!!

Today I have a Products Worth the Investment review on the e.l.f. Lip Balm Tints from their Essential line.

The shades I have are in Peach (top) and Berry (bottom). 

In the pot, the product looks very highly pigmented and vibrant, but when applied, it is very sheer and beautiful. 
The actual product has a thick jelly like consistency that is thick enough to not spill out of the jar...if that makes any sense. The product has a sweet candy-like smell that applies very smoothly over the lips, and (not that I puposely tasted it!) it doesn't have a noticeable taste.
**I do notice that over time, the Berry shade has a slightly odd smell and taste, but its nothing that bothers me too much.

Layered swatches of Peach on top and Berry on the bottom. These can definitely be builded up to have a slightly more vibrant color or a sheer tint. 

These come in four different shades:

  • Nude-pinky neutral nude (not pictured)
  • Peach-peachy orange (pictured)
  • Grapefruit-pinky red (not pictured)
  • Berry-red (pictured)


I love these because they leave your lips feeling very soft and moisturized, and the tint it leaves on your lips is just perfect! It adds a very beautiful and natural tint that is absolutely perfect for day-to-day wear. If you're looking for a product that is highly pigmented, vibrant, or vampy, this isn't the product for you as its name explains itself...its a tint!
The only thing I dislike about these is that they come in a pot, which means you'll have to use your fingers or a lip brush to get the actual product out of the pot.


I love using the Peach all over my lips and sometimes the Berry shade to create a soft gradient effect.

Berry

Peach

Overall, these e.l.f. Lip Balm Tints are definitely worth the investment, especially for only $3, you can't go wrong! These are very comfortable on the lips, very moisturizing and non-sticky, and are perfect for day-to-day wear! I would definitelly repurchase these and I highly recommend it!


I hope you found this quick review helpful! Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment