Sunday, May 10, 2015

Products Worth the Investment | Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Liquid Eyeliner Pen | Review + Swatches

Hello, hello there!

I hope you all are having a lovely day today!

I was actually debating on whether or not I should even bother doing a review on this product and decided that I should save any of you from possibly wasting your time and a couple bucks because every buck counts ya know? Well, today I'll share my experience and review of the Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Liquid Eyeliner Pen which I had quite high expectations for but I was equally disappointed with.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think Wet n Wild is one of the greatest, super affordable, cruelty free companies out there, but just like other companies they have products that are absolute fails and this is one of them.

A while back I was in search for an affordable black liquid eyeliner to use for quick touch ups on the go and for covering up any excess lash glue. The Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Liquid Eyeliner Pen was one of the top eyeliners recommended to me so I was really looking forward to checking it out.


The felt tip applicator is very user friendly and can be used to create both fine and bold lines.
My only complaint on the applicator is that the tip is not too precise...its not bad though, its perfectly usable.
Swatches of the Wet n Wild Black Liquid Eyeliner.

As they're swatched on my arm, the eyeliner is visibly seen slowly fading from an opaque black at the top to a streaky black at the bottom.

The very first time I used this eyeliner, I was really impressed with how opaque and richly pigmented the initial application was on my right eye, but when I did my left eye it started drying out and fading! It was like I used two different liners! I found that putting the cap back on and waiting for five or so minutes helps bring more moisture and product to the applicator, but seriously, I don't want to have to wait for five minutes to do my other eye every time I use this eyeliner!

Even if I store this upside down with the applicator down, the pen still dries out by the time I do my other eye. I gave this eyeliner about three tries and gave up on it. It just wasn't worth all the fuss.


So there you have it, a quick and straight forward review of the Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Liquid Eyeliner Pen. 


Got any requests? Leave them in the comments below!


-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment