Sunday, November 30, 2014

Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Oh My Goth | Full Review + Swatches

Hello there!

Today's review is on the Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in the shade Oh My Goth which is a beautiful metallic (or foiled) purplish brown lipstick that is just great for a vampy look for the fall and winter months!




True to color arm swatch in day light.
True to color lip swatch in day light.
Original retail price: $20

This lipstick has such a unique shade, it is brown based with purple and pink finely milled shimmer running through it...at first, I was expecting this to be a purple lipstick, but it is actually brown with purple. This lipstick is very easy and smooth to apply, it is definitely creamy and moisturizing as well, but I find that it is dry in a way that I have to layer this on two or three times to achieve a full rich pigment that is similar to the pigment on the tube. Even after several hours of wear, I find that this does stay on very vibrantly, but after eating and drinking, you will be needing to reapply.
This lipstick could also go runny so I definitely recommend using a lip liner...I find that the perfect lip liner to go with this is NYX's 830 Currant which has that same brown based purple only without the shimmer.

Overall, I highly recommend this lipstick! It is such a unique shade that you probably don't have in your collection yet and is just perfect for the colder months!



I hope you found this quick review helpful!

-Mary

3 comments:

  1. the lip colour is so pretty
    http://lisaxbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's such a beautiful and unique shade for the fall and winter months!
      Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty I love these shades of lipstick! But all of my ones bleed around my lips after a while :(

    ReplyDelete