Friday, November 7, 2014

Products Worth the Investment | Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review

Hello Gorgeous!!

On the hunt for a mascara that provides length and volume to your lashes without clumping or flaking?
I may have just the right product for you...the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara claims to be both a lengthening and volumizing mascara that doesn't clump or flake.

The Full Exposure Mascara is one of Smashbox's best sellers and according to the description in the site, it is inspired by the on-set technique of layering and lengthening fiber mascara over a volumizing formula, it is their studio-tested mascara that exposes your longest and fullest lashes without clumping or flaking.
According to the survey in the site, 104% experienced lash volume, while 32% experienced lash length.





A close up of the brush, its just your typical mascara brush, nothing too different or unique about it. However, I think it has the perfect shape and size to reach those inner and outer corners of your lashes without clumping. I think the bristles are just the right length and are perfectly spaced apart to separate your lashes and prevent any clumping...this brush is also on the larger side, so if you're not a fan of bigger brushes, you might not like this.
My curled lashes without any product on them.
First Coat. My eyelashes still look quite natural, only slightly longer and fuller. If I was to use this mascara as a natural/everyday look, this will do the job perfectly.
Second Coat. I definitely see a lot of length and volume in each individual lash. There's still no signs of clumps building up and I think this is mainly because of the structure of the brush.
Third Coat. By the third coat, my lashes seem to have a lot of length and volume, but still hasn't reached the 'false lash' or '3D Fiber Mascara' effect. My lashes still have very minimal clumps, they are not spidery at all, and they don't feel like they're sticking to my lower lashes when I blink. 
Final Results of three coats on the top lashes and one light coat on the bottom lashes.
I think if you comb your lashes with a lash comb after the third coat, you can still go on with a fourth (or even a fifth coat) to get super dramatic lashes. 


The Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara is my favorite mascara at the moment! I have tried a hand full of mascaras from both drugstore to high-end brands and I must say, this is my favorite mascara (so far)! I swear by this mascara, it gives a lot of length and volume without clumping my lashes. I'm usually good to go with just one or two coats, but I wanted to see how far this mascara could go, and by the third coat, my lashes weren't clumpy, heavy, flaky or spidery at all!

Overall, I love love love this mascara! I compare all my mascaras to this one and I still haven't found one that could compare! I love how this mascara is on the dryer side and the combination of the formula with the brush is just genius! It gives you really natural looking long and full lashes! I have recently experimented with layering this over a more volumizing mascara like the Benefit They're Real Mascara to get that 'false lash effect', its what works the best for me so far!
Love love love this mascara, I already bought a full size as a backup for when I run out of my sample size one! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to try a new mascara!


The Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara is available in Smashbox's website for $19.50


Let me know what you think!
I'd love to hear some of your mascara recommendations too!

-Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment