Sunday, February 22, 2015

Favorites of the Moment | Makeup Favorites + Mini Reviews

Hello hello!

I just realized that I haven't shared some favorites in a while and since The Oscars is today (which I actually don't keep up to), what better day to give some extra love and appreciation to my absolute favorites? I thought I'd do a quick post sharing some products that I've been absolutely loving recently.

I haven't done reviews on any of the items on this post, but I certainly plan on doing some full individual reviews on certain products. 

Any requests? Just leave them in the comments section and I'll get to you as soon as I can!








Starting with the face products...
The Benefit Hoola Bronzer! My oh my... This little baby deserves all the hype it receives! The shade is perfect to use for bronzing and for natural contouring. I also love the brush this comes with! I know a lot of people hate it, but I think its actually really soft and it fits perfectly under the cheek bones to get that contoured/chiseled look.

The It Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating Powder is seriously bae! Hahahah. Oh my...I make myself crack up. But seriously, I love this highlighter! Ever since I swatched this at Ulta a few months ago, I fell in love! The shimmer is very fine and a little definitely goes a loooong way. With this, you can create an all over natural, youthful glow or a dramatic spotlight highlight.

The elf baked blush in Pink Tastic is another absolute love! Just like the It Cosmetics illuminating powder, a little goes a long way so you can definitely use this to create a soft, natural highlight or a dramatic light reflecting highlight. Even if its labelled as a blush, I tend to use it more as a highlight and it works perfectly that way. They are not dupes at all, but in my collection, I find that this is a great affordable alternative to the It Cosmetics highlighter.





On to eye products...
I've been loving the NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Pearlized Black. I was recently on the hunt for an affordable black liquid eyeliner to use for covering excess lash glue and this one was highly recommended to me. I really like this one for creating simple eyeliner looks, it adds an interesting twist to a regular black eyeliner.

The elf Eye Primer & Liner Sealer is another 'hit' product from elf. Like all other cosmetic brands, elf definitely has its own hits and misses, and this is definitely a hit. I'm really enjoying the stick eye primer, it's a beige primer so it slightly evens out the lids which I really like. If you're familiar with and like elf's regular eye primer, this is just the same but stick form. I haven't used the liner sealer part enough to give out a final review on that part, but so far I've had good experiences with it.

The Loreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer is almost like magic! It does a great job at covering 95% of dark circles (a peachy corrector underneath will bump that up to 100%), covering redness, break outs, sun spots, hyper pigmentation, etc. and like its name claims, it definitely is super blendable.

Finally on to lip products...
The elf Lip Exfoliator is just heavenly! I feel like I'm eating my way through these! I finished my second tube in a little over a month and now I'm on to my third tube! I find it very convenient how this is packaged in the format of a lipstick, making it very easy to use, store, and travel with.

The Milani lip liner in Most natural has just become a staple in my collection. I love how its just slightly deeper than my natural lip color which makes it great to use under most lip products without affecting the color too much, and its great to use for over lining my lips as well.



I'd love to hear some of your favorites! Feel free to leave any recommendations, requests, or questions in the comments below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Thank you for reading!!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment