Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day | Dark Smokey Eye Tutorial

Hello lovelies!

Here's my second Valentine's day inspired tutorial which is on this dark and vampy smokey eye! I hope you like it!

At the end of the post, I also show this same look with gold glitter on the middle upper lid and lower lash line.

Here's the final look without the gold glitter.


To start off, I took Buff from the Lorac PRO 2 palette and applied this all over the lid, inner lid, inner corners, and browbone, this will serve as a nice base for the other shadows to easily blend into one another. 


I then took Light Brown and focused this shade on the crease then blended upward into the browbone.

I then took Nectar from the same palette and seemesly blended this right over Light Brown. 

I then took the shade Black and focused this right into the inner and outer corners and connected the two in the crease like so.


I then took Espresso from the Lorac Pro palette and blended out that black shade into the Nectar and Light Brown shadows.


To brighten and add dimension to the eyes, I took Shazam from the Bare Minerals Magic Act palette and placed this right in the center of the lid and in the middle of the bottom lash line.


I then took the same Light Brown shade from earlier and blended this all over the bottom lash line then I took the Black shade and placed this on the inner and outer corners like I did with the lid. (I forgot to take a picture of that step sorry!)

As for my all over highlight, I used the It Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating highlighter.
Products used to create this full look: elf Mineral Infused Primer, Loreal True Match Concealer in w4-5, Loreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation in w4-5, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent, NYC Sunny Bronzer, It Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating Powder  Highlighter, Lorac PRO Palette 2, elf eye primer, elf glitter eye primer, Wet n Wild glitter single in Brass, Wet n Wild liquid eyeliner pen, Benefit Thy're Real Mascara, Maybelline BrowDrama in Deep Brown, Milani lipliner in Most Natural.
Here's the final look with glitter on the middle of the upper lid and lower lash line.

I hope you liked this look and have a fabulous Valentine's day!


-Mary

2 comments: